Max Riederer von Paar
Tel.: +423 376 65 30
Max Riederer von Paar is admitted to practice law in Germany and Liechtenstein and as Attorney at Law in the US states of New York, and Virginia and the District of Columbia as well as on the US Supreme Court. He has been practicing law in the USA since 1996 and has been a partner in the Washington law firm Rubin Winston Dierck’s Harris & Cooke LLP since 2004, where he represents not only private individuals and German companies, but also the Federal Republic of Germany. He is the outside counsel for the German Embassy in Washington.
Max Riederer von Paar focuses on the legal support of international clients through the various relevant legal and tax systems. He advises foreign trust companies and banks on US taxation in detail and specializes in international tax planning for multinational family offices and individuals, planning for cross-border charitable structures and planning with foreign trusts. Furthermore, he looks after families in structuring their financial dispositions, including all national and international aspects of inheritance and tax law.
In addition, Max Riederer advises some companies on US corporate matters and tax structuring. He is also involved in drafting contracts and, together with his Washington DC counterparts, advises on US procedural law.
Mr. Riederer von Paar regularly speaks about international tax planning at international conferences such as the International Bar Association and STEP.
Selected customer references and projects
- Partner since 2004 at Rubin, Winston, Diercks, Harris & Cooke, L.L.P.
- Licensed lawyer in Germany and Liechtenstein
- Attorney at Law, Washington, DC, Virginia, New York
- Free University of Berlin, 1992
- George Washington University Law School, LL.M. 1996
- German Bar Association, Munich
- Liechtenstein Chamber of Attorneys
- Bar Associations Virginia, District of Columbia and New York
- International Bar Association
- Society of Trust and Estate Planners (STEP)
- Wealth Counsel
- Lectures and moderator of panels on private client topics at annual meetings of the International Bar Association in 2016 and 2017
- Lectures on US Tax Law STEP Liechtenstein, STEP Cayman Island, STEP Germany
- Lectures DC Bar Association on International Business and Tax in the USA
- Lectures Wealthcounsel International Estate Planning
- “The Germany-American Estate Plan”, 21 Prob. & Bd. 59, 62, 2007
- co-author of the Chapter on International Estate Planning in California Estate Planning published by CEB California
- US Tax and Company Law
- International Tax Law
- FATCA and CRS / AiA, SEC Compliance
- Estate Planning
- Advising US and international charities
- Advising pension funds on US investments
- Asset Protection Planning
- US and internationales contract law
- Advising on SEC regulations for Investment Advisors
- Advising on private placement and other third party financing
- Arranging the estate, executing the will, succession proceedings, inheritance processes in the USA
- International estate processing
- Relocation and immigration planning USA